As I reflect on a calendar year that is quickly coming to a close, there are so many reasons for gratitude. Here are just a few of the ways Jesus worked through the Grace family in 2019. Hundreds of you are investing your time, talents, and treasure to impact others and help folks become Jesus-followers who Love, Grow, and Serve.
• There were 210 individuals at Grace who publicly declared their faith through
baptism this year. So many great stories of how they came to Christ!
• Grace hosted the first Sonshine Prom as part of our ongoing ministry for
individuals with special needs. Hundreds participated in a fun night of eating,
limousine rides, a photo booth, and much more.
• Our Elder team, along with the Elder team at Hope in Olmsted Falls, prayerfully
decided to launch a multisite initiative: we will be one church in two locations,
believing that we’re stronger together. We’ll launch the beginning of March.
• Our partnership with the City Mission has been strengthened as we reached out to
those who are experiencing homelessness. 175 people from Grace joined the Stand
In at Public Square, our Thanksgiving and Christmas Groove offerings went to the
City Mission, and numerous people are volunteering in some way.
• About 25% of all financial contributions at Grace go to life-changing ministries
beyond our local church family and community including the support of
international workers in many countries who are communicating the compassion and forgiveness of Jesus.
• We want to be a church that equips and multiplies leaders, so are grateful for 10 Interns and Residents this year, plus 27 people involved in Ministry Mentoring.
• The Deaf Fellowship at Grace continues to grow and see people come to Jesus. The Arabic Fellowship is thrilled to have recently called their first senior pastor.
• 150+ services were conducted in 10 area nursing homes by a total of 40
Thanks for considering a year-end gift to help us finish the year in the black and be prepared for another year of impact. The words spoken by the Apostle Paul can be spoken of those today who serve and give generously: “others will praise God…for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.” 2 Corinthians 9:13