Retreat and Small group
– A weekend retreat and 10-week follow-up small group experience.
– Identify and address foundational issues caused by painful experiences, traumas or hurtful relationships in the past.
– Learn ways to resolve those issues in order to grow in your relationship with Christ and with others.
“God loves us just the way we are, but too much to leave us that way.” (italicize)
– A safe, confidential place to examine yourself, your relationship with God and your relationship with others.
– Biblical principles are incorporated into teaching times, shared learning experiences and group discussion.
– Each retreat includes both men and women.
– Couples and family members may not attend together.
– Sessions are held approximately every 6 weeks throughout the year and are limited to 16 spaces per retreat.
– The group stays together for the 10-week follow up small-group led by two facilitators. The small group continues the work begun at the retreat by utilizing the workbook Making Peace and Beyond by Jamie Norton and through group discussion. Attendance is expected and is an integral part of the healing process. Meeting dates/times for the follow-up small group are determined by group vote at the end of the weekend retreat.
Making Peace may be for you if…
-you grew up in a home where there was uncontrolled yelling or alcoholism or physical, sexual or emotional abuse
-you lost a parent through death or divorce before you reached adulthood
-you lost a sibling prior to adulthood
-you have difficulty controlling your anger
-you suffer from chronic back/neck pain, ulcers or intestinal problems
-you have sought counseling or have sensed a need to do so
-you’re a workaholic or are addicted to alcohol or other drugs, or married to someone with these addictions
-you have an eating disorder
-there are things from your family of origin that you do not want to pass on to your own children.
– A hotel in Middleburg Heights (may vary).
– Check-in is 6:15pm on Fri. Check-out is 12:00pm on Sunday.
All participants are expected to stay at the hotel for the entire weekend.
– $195.00 for a shared room (we can assign a roommate for you)
– $295.00 for a private room.
– Some partial scholarships may be available, for shared rooms only.
– Cancellations must be reported by Monday, the week of the retreat, in order to receive a full refund for the weekend.
– Cost includes the 2-night hotel stay, all meals, snacks & beverages, instruction and workbook for the follow-up small group.
Lead Making Peace near you!
Making Peace and Beyond has been recorded into a video series and workbook that can be used for your personal growth, or within a small group setting. For more information, please visit www.makingpeaceandbeyond.com
Jamie Norton, MEd, LICDC, is a widely recognized counselor and trainer with 30 years of experience in these fields. She served for two years on the NC Southern Baptist Convention Advisory Board as a consultant and has conducted many conferences for pastors and lay people. Jamie is Director of Circles of Grace Ministries, affiliated with Grace Church, where she provides counseling services. In 1991 Jamie held the first Making Peace weekend for a group of pastors in North Carolina. The response and enthusiasm were great! Since then, over 5000 men and women have attended Making Peace retreats!
Mary Anne Foote – Making Peace Coordinator
Register online at the link below.
*Early registration is suggested since we only have room for 16 people per retreat.