Love Grow Serve
The start of a new year is a great time to reflect and affirm our purpose. To determine that our lives—by the grace and strength of Christ within us—will make an eternal difference.
For every person who is part of the Grace Church family, our desire is that we will “exalt Jesus Christ by making disciples who Love Jesus, Grow with others, and Serve the world.” Let’s take inventory for a moment in light of those statements.
God loves us more than we can begin to imagine! Getting to know Jesus and growing in love for him is the greatest pursuit in life; nothing is more important. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30). So let’s ask ourselves…
- Do I realize that I am known and loved? Does it show in the way I seek to get to know God better by reading and obeying his Word, the Bible?
- Have I publicly declared my faith in him through baptism? (if not, you can sign up on the Connect card in the bulletin to be baptized on February 17!)
- Am I consistent in gathering with God’s people for worship on Sundays…a key way to express my love for the Lord?
Grow with others
We grow best in company with other Christians (2 Timothy 2:22). And we are more vulnerable to drift when we are isolated.
- Am I more like Christ today than I was one year ago? What would it take for me to answer that question more affirmatively a year from now?
- Do I have close Christian friends who know what’s going on in my life?
- What small group and/or class at Grace will help me to grow with others in these coming months?
Serve the world
To serve is to follow the example of Jesus, who “did not come to be served, but to serve” (Mark 10:45). We pass along the good news of his forgiveness to people in our workplaces, neighborhoods, schools, and other places we frequent. And we partner together to get the good news of Jesus’ love to people in every nation of the world.
- In what ways have I reflected to others the compassion of Jesus these last few months?
- Does my giving reflect my heart to reach others here and around the world?
- Am I serving others in some capacity here at Grace or in the community? If not, what is God putting on my heart? There are lots of ways to get involved! …
If there’s some way we can assist in your journey, feel free to be in touch with one of the pastors or another Elder or ministry leader. We’re all in process, too, and we’re looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us these coming months! I’m glad you’re on the journey with us…and I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks after my Study Break!