If you decide to give regularly, you can choose the frequency of the donation and the date that the recurring donation starts.
Select continue to finish your donation.
After entering your donation information, you can choose if you’d like to give using your bank account, debit/credit card, and, on supported devices, Apple Pay.
If you’ve donated before, you can log in to give with a saved payment method. If this is your first time donating, or you haven’t saved a payment method in the past, fill out your payment information by clicking Bank account or Debit/credit card.
When choosing to give with a bank account, keep the following in mind:
- When you give with a bank account, the processing fees are lower than when you give with a credit card. However, the funds will take longer to get to your church (3-5 business days).
- You will have to verify that you own the bank account.
- When you donate using a bank account the first time, your account is saved to your donor profile, so that you won’t have to verify account ownership every time you give.
Planning Center does not store your bank account log in information or account number.
You can either verify your bank account instantly by logging in to your bank account (for most major banks) or verify your bank account using micro-deposits.
Once your bank account is verified, you can select it as a payment method to make a donation. However, until your bank account is verified, it will not show as an option to choose when giving.
If you choose Debit/credit card, you can give using most credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- Enter your credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code.
- If you plan on using this card in the future, check the box to save your card to your donor profile. This is optional, but can speed up the donation process for for any future donations.
- Check the box if you want to cover the processing fee for the donation. This option will only appear if your church has enabled this feature. This is a US-only feature, so is not available for Canadian customers.
- Click Give to submit your donation.
Planning Center Giving supports Apple Pay.
If your church has Apple Pay enabled, you can use Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, and Safari on Mac) to donate using your credit or debit card without having to enter the full details of your card.
It’s fast, simple, and more secure because it uses your devices built-in authentication system (i.e. Touch ID or Face ID) to verify the payment method.
Log in to your profile to give using a saved payment method.
To make changes to your donation options or view your giving history, click your profile picture, and then choose My Giving.
Scroll down to view or change your receipt options, change payment methods, update a recurring donation, or view your donation history.
- Donation details – In the donation history section, just tap any donation to get see more details about the specific transaction.
- Donor statements – Official, church-issued donor statements are now available for viewing and download within the Church Center app.
- Notification preferences – You can set email preferences right in the app. You can also decide to turn off donation receipts if you’d rather not get an email every time your weekly recurring donation is triggered.
Once you’ve completed your donation, you will receive an emailed receipt with details about your donation.
You can update your receipt and email preferences from your donor profile. From the donor profile, you can choose which email address you want donation emails sent to or opt out of donation receipt emails.