Can you believe it is August already?! Before we start breaking out those Fall comfort foods, I just wanted to share one of my favorite summer recipes for any end of summer cookouts you may have.
This easy recipe can be so fun because you can create any pattern or design you want with the fruit. Anytime I have made this for a cookout there is never any left. A sweet treat for all to enjoy!
- 1 roll 16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough ( I sometimes buy an extra roll just in case I need to fill in)
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Fruits – you can use any fruit you like! Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, blackberries, pineapple, grapes, mango. Slice as needed
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of pan to create a crust. Sometimes I use a rolling pin to spread the dough out. Bake 16-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread mixture over the cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit over the cream cheese. This is where you can be creative with the design.
- Refrigerate until serving.
(Best to eat within a day because it can become soggy)
1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”