February 21 2021 – Update from PJ + Mary
Managing our money can be a challenge…especially when our nation is in a state of upheaval like it is now. For those who are married, researchers say that the second-most common reason mentioned for divorce is money and the tensions that surround finances (the #1 reason is communication).
Financial tensions are nothing new. Perhaps that’s the reason there are over 2,300 Bible verses about managing money and possessions. We discover so much practical wisdom that can guide us as we seek to live in-margin and on-mission. I’ll be giving the first message in our new series, “Financial Freedom,” this Sunday. We’ll also have baptisms as part of our worship time, thanking Jesus for the amazing grace he makes available to all of us.
Mary & I did a quick interview with Pastor Joe LeMon this week about the amazing youth retreat this past weekend. Jesus was at work in big ways! You can find out more in our video here, and see details of our weekly student ministry events here. We were also excited to see GraceKids relaunch classes last week; they were a hit! A few more items to highlight:
• Worship & Prayer Night: we experienced the presence of God at our gathering last month and decided to have another event tonight at 6pm. You’re welcome to join us in-person or online.
• This week’s bulletin: you can catch the latest here on what’s happening at Grace.
• Additional onsite services: We’ll add another service on March 7 at Middleburg (they’ll be at 9, 10:30, & 12) and re-launch an outdoor mask-free service at Olmsted later this spring. You can still watch online at live.gracecma.org, YouTube, or Facebook.
• Worship in giving: We’re grateful for all who have been giving so that our impact can grow. Anyone can make an online gift here.
• Ways to connect: If you’re on Facebook, we have lots of ministry groups you can join. You can check them out here.
Have a super weekend! I look forward to seeing you!