February 13 2021 – Note from PJ
It’s finally here! Grace Kids relaunch onsite classes tomorrow; I’m not sure if parents or children are more excited. 🙂 The Grace Kids ministry staff and volunteers have done an amazing job keeping kids engaged during an unprecedented time with weekly videos, small groups, and packets. Thankfully, Grace Kids TV and packets will be continuing for those who would still like to worship from home.
The classrooms have been cleaned from top to bottom, many of them repainted, some with new carpet, and there’s more to come. Would you pray with us for the Grace Kids ministry? We can ask the Lord for his blessing on the volunteers and staff, and that his Word will be understood and lived out by our kids. If you love kids and want to make an impact by serving, our team will gladly help you find the right place for your schedule. You can simply respond to this email and we’ll make the connection.
We’ll have communion as part of the worship time tomorrow, and I’ll give the next message in our series, “POLITICS & PANDEMICS: When Christians Disagree.” The 11 am onsite service is filling up; we have more space available at 9 am at Middleburg or the 10 am service at Olmsted Falls. We’ll add another service in March; more details on that next week. And, for those who don’t feel comfortable onsite yet, you can always watch online at live.gracecma.org, YouTube, or Facebook.
I heard a number of fun baptism stories in response to my email last week! A few comments:
• When I was baptized, God in His amazing way moved 4 other people to be baptized. Isn’t He the coolest?
• Just want to say the day I was baptized was the best day of my life. Not only because I finally took that step, but also because I got to share that blessed event with my mother getting baptized next to me!
• I remember when I was baptized how wonderful I felt. After that day, I created a quiet room where I could read the Bible and my devotionals each morning. I also attended Alpha online and developed friendships that I know will last the rest of my life. My life has changed so much because of my love of Jesus and the commitment I made that day.
• I can remember one of my friends saying “Bill, why are you being baptized now, weren’t you baptized as a baby?” It was so exciting for me to declare my love for Jesus by explaining adult baptism and how I felt called to declare my love for him in a public way.
• Pastor Jonathan, I can relate to your story–I was terrified of being in front of a crowd–always have been. I also didn’t care for someone else to dunk me under the water–I had big trust issues. Pastor Steve did not drop me, and it was the best thing in my life. Honoring and trusting God!!!
If you’d like to get baptized in 8 days, on February 21, you can sign up here. We’d love to celebrate with you!
Maybe you have some extra time this holiday weekend. Here are a few links that can feed your soul:
• Leadership podcast that I did with 3 guys at Grace I hold in high regard.
• Mary’s teaching at Latte this week or Nikie Jezek’s message at MUMS.
• Joel Bubna’s compelling message about the kingdom of Jesus.
Grateful for the love of Jesus today, which is higher, deeper, wider, and longer than we could ever comprehend! (Ephesians 3:18-19)