- This event has passed.
Olmsted Campus Middle School Youth Group (In-Person/Online Hybrid)
May 20 at 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
Olmsted Campus Students, we are now offering options to meet in-person and online! See below for a letter explaining how these events will be structured during this first phase of re-opening, and the precautions we are taking to make this safe for everyone.
We would love to have you! We meet every Wednesday night to build friendships, have a ton of fun, and learn practical truth from the Bible that will point you toward the abundant life that Jesus came to give you! Every week you can expect friends, games, music, and a Biblical message that could change your life!
Hello Olmsted Campus Parents and Students!
I’m writing with some exciting information regarding our first phase of opening back up to in-person ministry for Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers at the Olmsted Falls Campus.
The Elders of Grace Church have made the decision that we are ready to open our buildings back up to small group ministries, as long as several guidelines are enforced (see below).
In making the decision to re-open the building for youth group, we have taken care to consider the legitimate concerns of those who are not ready to enter social situations for a variety of health-related reasons. We also deeply value the relational elements that are required for effective ministry. In working to balance these tensions, I believe we have come up with a temporary solution that will make it possible for us to begin meeting in person while honoring those who are not ready for their teenagers to take that step.
Introducing Hybrid Online/In-Person Youth Group
Beginning this Wednesday, May 20th Olmsted Falls Campus Middle Schoolers will meet from 7-8pm on Wednesday Nights and High Schoolers will meet from 6-7pm on Sunday Nights. Those who are not comfortable joining in person will join via Zoom by clicking the link below. The link will be the same for both MS and HS every week. Those who decide to come in person will follow the guidelines posted below. We will meet in a room that is pre-set with 10 chairs, all set 6 feet apart. I will welcome students simultaneously on the Zoom Call and in the building. There will also be an adult leader designated as a Zoom Host. The Zoom Host will lead a game that can be played on Zoom while those meeting in-person play a game that can be played while honoring social distancing and that does not require everyone touching the same object. After the games, the live group and the Zoom group will re-convene for a message, prayer, and possibly worship. I will speak to both groups simultaneously. If time permits, the small groups may break off at the end for discussion and/or prayer. If needed, a second room will be available with a TV connected to the Zoom meeting and an adult leader to facilitate with additional chairs.
The following are the Small Group Gathering Guidelines as agreed upon by the Grace Church Elders:
- Remember Paul’s words in Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Small groups of up to 10 people are encouraged to meet in person, with safe social distancing (6 feet). Because of space constraints, health concerns, or child care issues, some will find it best to continue online gatherings.
- People are strongly encouraged to not initiate physical contact with others, following government protocol and showing respect to those who may have different views.
- Taking your temperature before attending small group is encouraged. Anyone who is sick should stay home.
- Masks are recommended but may be removed when meeting in-person with groups of 10 or less who are maintaining safe social distance.
- Facility teams will wipe down tables, door handles and any flat surfaces daily, and between each meeting.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building. Please wash your hands before you enter your meeting room and afterward.
- If possible, keep classroom doors propped open at all times, including overnight, so there’s less touching of door handles.
- Doors will be designated for “Enter” and “Exit” to allow for one-way flow.
Please save this Zoom Link and Password for all Wednesday and Sunday gatherings:
Meeting ID: 815 4740 8546
I am very excited to take this step (even if it’s a cautious one) toward being together again. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.
Pastor of Student Ministries – Olmsted Falls Campus