Olmsted Falls Campus High School Youth Group
October 24 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Olmsted Falls High Schoolers, join us every week from 6-8pm at the Olmsted Falls Campus and find a community of friends who laugh, talk, and walk toward abundant life together. Each week we play games, eat snacks, sing, and explore stories and lessons that help us live the deeply meaningful life that we were meant to live. All 9th-12th graders are totally welcome!
In response to COVID-19, see below for a letter explaining the precautions we are taking to make this safe for everyone:
Hello Olmsted Campus Parents and Students!
I’m writing with some exciting information regarding our first phase of opening back up to in-person ministry for Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers at the Olmsted Falls Campus.
The Elders of Grace Church have made the decision that we are ready to open our buildings back up to small group ministries, as long as several guidelines are enforced (see below).
In making the decision to re-open the building for youth group, we have taken care to consider the legitimate concerns of those who are not ready to enter social situations for a variety of health-related reasons. We also deeply value the relational elements that are required for effective ministry. In working to balance these tensions, I believe we have come up with a temporary solution that will make it possible for us to begin meeting in person while honoring those who are not ready for their teenagers to take that step.
The following are the Small Group Gathering Guidelines as agreed upon by the Grace Church Elders:
- Remember Paul’s words in Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Small groups of up to 10 people are encouraged to meet in person, with safe social distancing (6 feet). Because of space constraints, health concerns, or child care issues, some will find it best to continue online gatherings.
- People are strongly encouraged to not initiate physical contact with others, following government protocol and showing respect to those who may have different views.
- Taking your temperature before attending small group is encouraged. Anyone who is sick should stay home.
- Masks are required.
- Facility teams will wipe down tables, door handles and any flat surfaces daily, and between each meeting.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building. Please wash your hands before you enter your meeting room and afterward.
- If possible, keep classroom doors propped open at all times, including overnight, so there’s less touching of door handles.
- Doors will be designated for “Enter” and “Exit” to allow for one-way flow.
I am very excited to take this step (even if it’s a cautious one) toward being together again. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.
Pastor of Student Ministries – Olmsted Falls Campus