There is so much that I love about Fall, including all the yummy treats this season holds. Apple cider donuts, pumpkin spiced lattes, and apple fritters are a few of my favorites! One recipe that I make in my kitchen though year after year are apple dumplings. I am not much of a baker, but I found this recipe years ago and was so thrilled with how easy and tasty it was. I have a tradition of apple picking with my dad each year and after returning home with a bag full of apples I had to find something to bake with them. I hope you enjoy this fall treat just as much as my family does!
2 baking apples (cored and sliced)
2 cans crescent rolls
1 ½ sticks butter
1 C brown sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 ounces Sprite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Unroll and separate crescent dough.
- Place apple slice at wider end of dough triangle and roll apple up with the dough.
- Repeat with remaining apple slices and place them into dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla together. Pour mixture over apples in dish.
- Pour soda around edge of pan. Do not pour directly on top of apples.
- Bake dumplings 30 minutes.
- Ready to Serve! Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or by themselves. Spoon extra sauce over the dumplings.