Tuesday, May 15th at our Annual Meeting new elders were elected, and we gave thanks together for many demonstrations of the Lord’s grace and strength this past year.
You can pick up your own copy of the Annual Report at our literature display in the lobby. You’ll be encouraged by a visual overview of what God has been doing in and through our Grace Church family from 2017 to present.
Here are a few highlights of the year:
• 173 individuals publicly declared their faith through baptism in 2017, with lots of great stories of how they came to Christ!
• Aviva Spanish Fellowship was launched in April. This Spanish Ministry is one more way our church family can reach a growing sector of greater Cleveland. The ministry has had a very strong start, and are excited about what Jesus will accomplish through this new outreach.
• Small Group Ministry (began in 2017) has grown. This Spring semester saw 155 small groups meeting in 19 cities (and at Grace), with 1,170 people involved (35% of the adults in our church family).
• Grace Residency program (began in 2017) completed first year. We’ve had 13 summer interns and residents (school year) in our inaugural year of the program, with a new group of interns and residents scheduled for this summer and fall.
• Record Attendance on Easter weekend 2018: we had our highest attendance ever, which we attribute to so many of you who invited your friends and family. One newcomer commented: “I really like that even though it’s a big church in numbers, there is a warm and welcoming vibe.”
• 100 girls are living and learning in safety through our partnership with Remember-Nhu. Sex trafficking continues to be a horrific abuse worldwide. Grace supports about 100 girls in three homes led by Remember-Nhu in Thailand and Myanmar, providing a wonderful safe haven and ongoing education and care for children who are at-risk.
• 150+ Nursing Home Services were held in 2017. The services were held in 11 area nursing homes by a total of 39 volunteers.
• Our Social Media footprint continued to grow. Grace services have been viewed in over 85 countries. We had 77,000 visitors to our website. 60% of our live-stream viewers are under the age of 35.
• We increased our giving. Grace was the biggest contributor to Alliance missions in 2017 (out of a network of 2,000 Alliance churches), with over $1M given. 22% of our church giving goes beyond our borders to national and international outreach. Online giving at Grace increased from $1.3 million to $1.8 million. Thanks for making a difference globally!