Let's Do This Together!
1. Download and print the Ingredient List(or screenshot that) for easy reference on your shopping trip.
2. Go Shopping! Since you’ll be participating with your church family in a giant Packing Night, it’s a great idea to get bulk quantities of several items on the list, rather than a few of each. Bring your donations directly to Grace Church Middleburg Heights campus on any of these dates: October 10, 17, 24.
3. Pack with Us! Join the Cleveland Outreach team on Saturday, October 25, for a Packing Night! We’ll be organizing all the donations into an assembly-line style operation, putting kits together, and talking about the best practices for giving those out. You’ll learn some great conversation starters and ways to pray when you hand out a Homeless Care Kit.
DIY it up at Home
1. Download and print some Street Cards for the Cleveland area.
These handy guides show where to go or who to call for a hot meal, a place to stay, and access to other critical services. If you’re planning to give your kits in a different area, just search online using the county name and the keywords: homeless, street card.
2. Download and print the Ingredient List(or screenshot that) for easy reference on your shopping trip.
3. Go Shopping! Many items from the kit can be found in bulk quantities, so if you want to make many kits, or keep extra items around your house to make more, get things while they’re on sale. Even better, get a small group of friends involved: have each person take charge of buying a bunch of 2-3 items on the list, and get together for a mini packing night!
4. Pack your kit! Feel free to include add a personal touch, like a note that says you’re praying for the person who receives this bag.
5. Be bold about giving them out! When you drive or walk away, don’t forget to pray for the person you gave a kit to. God has a hope and a future for them!
6. Share a photo to encourage others to build Homeless Care Kits! Use #carekitsCLE