A Note from PJ
We can be so grateful to live in a country where we enjoy the freedoms we have! We certainly have areas to grow, and yet there is much for which to give thanks. Hope you have a great holiday weekend! We’ll have GraceKids for birth-6th grade tomorrow; Youth, Adult, and Friendship classes will take a break for the holiday.
We’re half-way through the year, a great time to take inventory and determine where we want to be at year-end. Here are a few areas to reflect on:
- Bible intake: This is an essential for growing our relationship with Jesus and hearing his voice. If you don’t have a consistent plan, we’d love to have you join our New Testament plan here (you can read or listen in less that 5 minutes a day).
- Relationships: Are you connecting with other Jesus followers who encourage you on the journey? There are so many classes and groups to choose from.
- Generosity: Some of the great promises God gives are to those who are generous (Proverbs 3:9-10; Malachi 3:9-12; Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6-11). What might it look like to step up your giving in a way that shows faith in Jesus and his promises?
- Recalibrate: Is there any way that you’ve drifted from the way of Jesus? I find it helpful to think of behaviors or attitudes that are causing me to get tripped up in my walk. Hebrews 12:1-2 encourages us, “Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus…”
- Worship music: we can declare truth through music in a way that sinks in and feeds our soul. I’ve been listening to this song while typing…and am giving thanks for all that Jesus has done for us!
That’s a good start. What would you add?
I’m praying for our roots to go deep in Jesus in a way that expands our impact. May it be!
Love from Mary and me,